domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2009

KEVIN AUCOIN-The best Make-Up artist ever-

I had the chance to meet Kevin in 1992 when he released his first book called ´The Art of Make-Up´. He was scheduled to sign copies at Saks Fifth Ave. in Beverly Hills.I was there! After standing in line for one hour,it was my turn to step forward and say hello.I was really nervous,he said Hi and all I could say was:´You have no idea what you mean to me,your work is the best Ive ever seen,there`s no way I can put it into words`....He was so damn nice! a friend of his was filming everything,every single one of us.
I still have that book.He wrote:`Thanks for your kind words and your beautiful smile! Love,Kevin Aucoin`.... and drew tons of hearts. I remember I was wearing a Minnie Mouse handbag,shaped as Minnie's head in 3D and he said to me:`Your bag is insane! I love it!`
RIP Kevin,Ill never forget you.
 
Drew Barrymore as Joan Crawford.
Lisa Marie Presley as M.Monroe.
Isabella Rossellini as Barbara Streisand.
                                                  Demi Moore as Louise Brooks.
 
Gwyneth Paltrow as James Dean.
                                                                           
 
Courtney Love as Jean Harlow.
Isabella Rossellini
Christina Ricci as Edith Piaf.
Calista Flockhart as Audrey Hepburn.
Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis.
Gina Gershon as Sofia Loren.
Tori Amos as Pocahontas.
Christy Turlington as a 70s Flower Power girl.
  
  
Wynona Ryder as Liz Taylor,Gina Gershon as Sofia Loren.
Martha Stewart as Veronica Lake.
W MAGAZINE COVER:
It seems to me that W Magazine got inspiration from the great makeup genius Kevyn Aucoin for its September cover. What is not very nice is that they don’t even mention his name anywhere. Here on the left is the magazine cover (September 2008), and on the right is the page from Aucoin’s “Making Faces” (1997).
 

No hay comentarios: